Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Receding of My Heart

You are the loveliest person I've ever met
Everything to me; caring, kind
Your soul is good, honest
It hurts me so much not to see you
To know you’re minutes away
Yet you could be thousands of miles
The love I feel for you is unrivalled
My heart feels like it will explode
I know you love me; as I love you
Yet circumstances beyond my control
Keep us apart; forbid us to meet
Like a knife in my heart; it hurts me so
So I’ve made a resolve; to recede to before
Before we met; my heart was locked then
In a safe box; untouched by love
I know it will be hard; painful
Yet nothing could hurt more
Then the pain I feel now; missing you
It will fade over time; the love I feel for you
Lessening the pain everyday; until I return
Return to the lonely state of yesterday
Being alone is hard; missing you is impossible

No comments:

Post a Comment