Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Broken Promises

I said to myself I would never love again
It hurts to much i said
Like a thousand needles in my heart
So I made promise, I did
To keep at a distance, never to love
Never to show my heart
To keep it safely locked away
Guarded by a thousand walls
It was lonely, but not that bad
Some days I was happy, some I was sad
Then you came along, opened up your arms
Strong though I am, you tumbled those layers
To all come crashing down
I was vulnerable; my heart in my hand
Talking with you, I could be true
Tell you all the things on my mind
Yet some things just can’t come to life
Only emotionally, were you in my life
Everyday I longed to see you
Yet you couldn’t; oh how I missed you!
To be so close to someone; I love you so much
It was killing me never to see you
Yet that was such
I love you more than anything
I know that is such
To love and not see, is just to much
To much for my heart to bear
I still talk to you everyday;  I know you’re there
Sometimes I wonder why, why I did this much
To love you like I do, and not see you is such
Such a constant pain, deep in my heart
You live so near; yet I feel we are worlds apart
So please don’t be hurt; I love you with my soul
But I can’t break my promise again in my life
So I’m moving away; I just can’t stay
To live so close; and not see you everyday
I’m closing my heart, love I now fear
I can’t escape from broken promises,
As long as you’re near

No comments:

Post a Comment