Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Lost

I was so happy, so content
Knew my place in life
It wasn’t perfect
Although it was close
Everyday I lived; merrily
Busy a lot; safe above all
Everything was there; essentials to happiness
Love, friends, play

It was in the back of my mind
Lurking there like a disease
Growing a tiny amount everyday
After a year, it was bigger
Every year therefore; it grew
Until the day came; you left
It exploded; took over my whole body
Invaded my heart; tearing it to shreds
I was lost; no longer had a place in life
Into the darkness, I was thrown
After all the years of light; none
The black drove me crazy; insane
Couldn’t stop crying your name
That you could come back and pull me out
The agony was unbearable; surely this was hell
I didn’t think I could get out; as much I tried
Every time I would get close; almost
Only to have one thought of you throw me back
Like it was happening all over again
Nothing left of my heart anymore
It’s gone; a black, cold, empty space all that’s left
I want so badly to get out of this place
Can’t do anything; so so cold
The pain brought me to the floor
Couldn’t get up for my life
Everyday I just lay here now
Thinking of you; how you left

No comments:

Post a Comment