Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Hurting

It pulls at my heart
That almost physical pain I feel
When I’m really hurting
Needing to see you; you can’t
Yet you’re close; I can’t see
I asked, pleaded; you said no
That you’d rather be left alone
If only in reality
Yet we talk everyday; all night
A women of a beautiful mind; many pains
Those are what hold you back
Causes you to put distance between us
It’s better, you say; while I just sit here
Crying; tears of frustration rolling down
I wish you’d see how much I love you
That my love would be enough
Yet it’s not; I’m hurting badly
Like never before; love in the cause
To love a distant person; the worst pain
Like a dagger in my very being
Blood dripping; my heart is crying
For all that love I feel; unconditionally
With frustration; it’s never ending
You say friends have left
Because you couldn’t get past that emotion
You know that would never happen
Yet I’m in constant torment
Thinking how happy I am to see you
Thinking why can’t I have that everyday
Why must it be so long; such an ordeal
A test of my love for you; it feels
Yet  my love is strong; has deep roots
Holding steady through the storm
Even though sometimes I just want to let go
Let my heart be blown away; not to return
My roots are deep; even if I try
The love keeps me steady
As much as it hurts me; I’ll be here
Struggling to abide by your laws
Wishing and hoping for the day
When you are able to revoke them

No comments:

Post a Comment