Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

On Fire

My body is on fire
White hot daggers sear through me
Like a thousand burning needles
I try to scream; I can’t
So paralyzed am I with pain
Nothing can describe this
All my other senses are gone
All I can feel is agony
Lying here; people all around
Sirens wail; the fire truck arrived
Someone’s talking to me
I can’t see; am I blind?
.....I’m in the ambulance
Hooked up to all kinds of stuff
The paramedics over me; working furiously
You’re gonna be fine!.....
My eyes flutter open, pain instantly seizes my body
Everything’s fuzzy; is this heaven?
My wife is beside me; crying
The doctor’s above me; saying I’m lucky
For two weeks I’ve been here
I’ll make a full recovery; so lucky
I look at my wife; tell her I love her
Thank God for saving me

No comments:

Post a Comment