Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Drowning....Slipping Away

Drowning....slipping away
No point in anything
No joy in my life
Only stress;  eating at me
Destroying me minute by minute
Depression hits me; hard, unrelenting
Like a lead blanket it pushes me down
Squeezing my chest; taking away my air
So far down I can’t feel light
There’s no light in hell
Just want to leave; quickly, quietly
I take the pills in my hand
Such little things; so powerful
Whisky almost gone; one last pull
The pills go down smoothly; the bottle empty
Now comes the wait; it won’t be long
I sit down; writing to everyone
I’m sorry; I can’t live like this
Thank you for everything; I love you
I’m starting to drift off
Can’t keep my eyes open
The bed is warm; I wrap the blanket around me
I sleep; never to wake again

No comments:

Post a Comment