Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pondering This Thing Called "Love"

Sitting here by myself at the cafe
Pondering love, life and wealth
Wondering if it's all it's said to be
Maybe I can't love; maybe it's me
While there's a few dear to my heart
Loving seems to hurt more
Sometimes I just wonder what it's all about
To love someone so much
To long to feel their touch
Yet love is a dangerous thing
For all the pain it can bring
It's like a time bomb inside your heart
Ticking down; ready to tear you apart
To feel so strongly about a person
Yet if those feelings aren't returned
Is it really worth it; to take that leap of faith
To believe you'll never get hurt
That love is your fate
More cautious you have to be
For I reflect on what love's done to me
It's caused me lots of joy, but more hurt
Loving may be more trouble than it's worth
Unless the person loves you in the same way
I am just left without words to say
Thinking of them all day; caring to much
I know that's silly, yet it's as such
That's the deal with love
You can't control how much to give
How much to protect your heart
From not getting ripped out
Torn to pieces; I question this thing we call 'love'
Wondering if it matters at all
Or is it just in our heads
Sitting at this cafe
I ask myself this question all day

No comments:

Post a Comment