Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Need To Adapt

I am starting to think after all these years
I need to stop shedding these tears
To get used to being alone
To living in an empty home
For you can't truly rely on people to cheer
Although dying alone is my greatest fear
Yet I have learned from the past
Relationships for me; they just don't last
Although they start off strong
Always they seem to go wrong
Whether by my fault or their own
In the end, I'm still sitting at home
Wishing for these feelings to end
Praying for my heart to mend
Sometimes I think it's better this way
No love to give; it'll get better one day
For I will get used to no messages on my phone
I will live a happy life by myself; alone
It's not like I have a choice
There seems to be a warning in my voice
Saying to everyone that hears
Stay away from me; I'll only bring you tears
Yet I know that's not who I am; not what I want to be
It looks like this is my life; I have only me
So you see, I have a need, a need to adapt
For if there's one thing I know; I know that

No comments:

Post a Comment