Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Impossible Dreams

For awhile I pushed; asked
To be let into your heart
To know your every emotion
For I love you; with all my heart
My best friend; the one I trust above all
Yet he came first in your life
He was the one you would turn to
When you cried, when you were happy
He was the first to know; all your thoughts
The one who got to spend time with you
You were loyal to him in every way
As well as saving yourself for him; your feelings
Only he knew all; leaving me standing here
Asking how you are; knowing you won't tell
You are my best friend; I can tell you anything
Always will you listen and comfort;
Yet he's the one you run to; your first thought
Your only thought; I love you too
Want to share your emotions; your tears
I know now that will never be
For I was dreaming impossible dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment