Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Drowning in Sorrow

I AM DROWNING IN SORROW
I dread the day tomorrow
All alone, yet surrounded people
As I pray for strength in this steeple
I see families, friends and couples
Yet I feel like I’m in a bubble
After, I head to talk to the priest
He is with the others at the feast
It seems no one has time for me
So I make my exit, I flee
As I’m heading home I make a mistake
I stop at a bar to partake
I stay for one to many beers
But feel safe among the cheers
Afterwards I stumble out
A women in my arms, we’re making out
I finally find my goddamn keys
Get behind the wheel, a beer between my knees
The road is curvy, its so dark out
My lady makes a sound, in fact she shouts out
I ask her what is wrong, I wonder what she sees
I look away just briefly, never saw the trees

No comments:

Post a Comment