Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Why Me Lord?

Oh why me lord!
What have I done to feel your wrath
I’m just another guy; trying to get by
Yet you make it so hard
You give me love; yet keep me distanced
You give me friends; yet forbid me to see them
You give me a longing to be loved
Yet I can’t have friendships
Why me lord? What have I ever done?
They say you are forgiving; merciful
Yet why must you test me so
I know, my lord, you know all
That you own heaven and earth
And all between; yet how can I live
When I only have you in me?
I feel blessed by you; yet need more
Need people to love; need her to love
She’s my everything; my love
The one I will do anything for
Yet you distance her from me
Why lord! Why torment me so?
When all I ask for; all I want
Is her, here with me

No comments:

Post a Comment