Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Drinking and Depression

Saturday night
Everybody’s out
In bars, they drink, dance
Relaxing after a long week
Laughing with their friends
Dancing with their lovers
I’m in the back; at the bar
Alone; I drink
Trying to drown my sorrows
Don’t want to wake up tomorrow
I am here with no one
By myself; bad to drink
When one is so down
During my life
I feel like I’m going to drown
Drifting through; pushing through the fog
Wanting to give up; no end in sight
One more drink; keep ‘em coming
When will the pain stop?
I get behind the wheel of my car
Bad to drive to a bar
Going fast; don’t care; so depressed
There’s a wall; a place to end it all
People shout; I don’t stop
Going faster still; I close my eyes
And am finally at peace when I die

No comments:

Post a Comment